Cinnamon Rolls (Unique) – Hollywood Life
Katie Lee Biegel is all the time tapping into her Southern consolation upbringing along with her scrumptious and distinctive recipes, particularly across the holidays! Together with her grandmother’s voice at the back of her thoughts, the highest chef revealed in an EXCLUSIVE interview with HollywoodLife about how she brings her Southern traditions into her vacation recipes, whereas additionally upgrading them along with her personal private touches. “I positively wish to maintain issues conventional across the holidays, and never stray too removed from the classics. Like, my grandma could be shocked if she knew I used to be making brussel sprouts in a salad!” Katie Lee laughed whereas chatting with HL. “Nevertheless, she all the time believed in a colourful plate, so I positively stay by that and ensure it has 80% greens.”
She recalled spending time at her grandmother’s home for holidays whereas rising up in West Virginia, and the way the matriarch impressed her love for cooking. “My grandma was essentially the most wonderful cook dinner, and she or he made it look fully easy,” Katie Lee mentioned, whereas chatting about decreasing stress and utilizing cooking as remedy, in partnership with Sub-Zero, Wolf and Cove.
Now, The Kitchen star has a toddler of her personal, whose palate she says it not as various as she’d prefer it to be, however the chef revealed that, impressed by her grandma, the 2 begin their day with a bowl of fruit. “My grandma would additionally begin the day with a fruit bowl each morning, in order that’s how I bought began with it. It’s a great way to begin the day with some nutritional vitamins and antioxidants,” she instructed HL. “Iris is a little bit little bit of a choosy eater, however she’s a toddler so it’s to be anticipated, however I wish to have at the least one factor that I’m cooking that I do know she’s going to wish to eat, as effectively.”
Additionally impressed by her late grandmother — Katie Lee’s Vacation Cinnamon Rolls! The traditional recipe is spiced up with Katie Lee’s selfmade dough and extra-gooey cinnamon frosting. See the total recipe under and indulge this yr on Christmas morning with this candy deal with!
Components for Cinnamon Rolls:
1/4 cup heat water
One 1 1/4-ounce bundle on the spot yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar 1 giant egg, evenly crushed 1/4 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt 1/2 cup chilly water
1/2 cup boiling water
4 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1/2 cup or extra as wanted
2 tablespoons floor cinnamon
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Components for Icing:
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons milk or orange juice
For the cinnamon rolls:
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the nice and cozy water with the yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar. Put aside for about 5 minutes, till the combination begins to thicken and bubble barely. (If the combination doesn’t begin to thicken and bubble barely, the yeast is just not working. Test the expiration date on the yeast and begin over.)
- In a big bowl, stir collectively 1/2 cup sugar, the egg, oil and salt. Combine within the chilly water after which the boiling water. Add this to the yeast combination and stir till effectively blended. With the machine on low velocity, slowly add in 4 cups of flour till included.
- Knead within the mixer on low velocity for about 5 minutes till clean, including within the additional 1/2 cup flour or extra as wanted so the dough isn’t too sticky. Put the dough right into a clear giant bowl. Cowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate till doubled in dimension, about 3 hours.
- In the meantime, mix the remaining 1/2 cup sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with about 1 tablespoon of the melted butter utilizing a pastry brush.
- Punch down the dough and place it on a evenly floured floor. Utilizing a rolling pin, roll it right into a rectangle about 20 by 10 inches, with the lengthy edge dealing with you. Utilizing the pastry brush, unfold 1/4 cup of the melted butter excessive of the dough. Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar combination evenly over the dough.
- Roll up the dough, beginning with the lengthy edge dealing with you, into a decent cylinder. Gently squeeze the cylinder to seal it. Use a pointy knife to chop the dough into 12 even rounds. Place the rounds, cut-side down, into the ready baking dish. There will likely be some area in between the rounds. Brush the tops of the rolls with the remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter. Cowl the dish tightly with plastic wrap and permit the dough to rise in a heat place for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Bake the rolls till golden, 40 to 45 minutes.
For the icing: In the meantime, combine the confectioners’ sugar with the milk in a small bowl. When the rolls come out of the oven, drizzle the icing over the new rolls. Serve whereas heat.
Cook dinner’s Observe
This recipe can be made with no stand mixer. Knead by hand on a evenly floured floor for 8 to 10 minutes. If the dough is tough to roll out, enable it to return to room temperature for 20 to half-hour. If you happen to like extra icing in your rolls, double the icing recipe.
Click on to Subscribe to Get Our Free HollywoodLife Every day E-newsletter to get the most popular celeb information.